1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Crazy weather on LongIsland NY

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Quality SR, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I woke up early this morning to heavy rain, and thunder storms. When i say the rain was heavy, it was heavy. My mom has lived here for over 30 years and she said she has never seen it anything like this. We had 5 inches of rain in about 2 hours. Also a small tornado touched down about 20 miles east of me. Power is out for more than 40,000 people, most wont be turned back on until late this afternoon. It was total kayos everywhere. The weather men are calling for 1 or 2 more storms for today, heavy storms tomorrow and Friday. Check out these pictures.
  2. Quality SR

They just updated the pictures 1-21 is the pictures from the tornado. They said it was a cat. 1 ( winds from 85-110 mph) :dizzy: The rest are from the flooding, check out pic. # 23. :cry: . Power is still out for alot of people, about 10,000 they say. They are still calling for another big storm tonight and tomorrow night. Check out the pictures very interesting.
  3. AlaskaShooTer

AlaskaShooTer Member

What a mess. Just think how much snow that series of storms would have dumped had it been winter time. Many feet!

4. Quality SR

Your right about that. They say 1 inch of rain is equivalent to 1 foot of snow.