1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Crazy Plow Crash

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ajbernie, Jan 16, 2011.

1. ajbernie

ajbernie Member
    from Maine

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

hello defective top cover suport on the drywell. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

someone needs some new fruit of the looms. :dizzy:
  3. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Where was that at. Here in cincy some guys told me a guy pushed off the steel plates of a sewer project and droped the whole rig into the hole. That would suck OUCH

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

That had to be an under ground vault of some sort. The whole top caved in not just the manhole cover.
  5. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

he is on a parking deck. hope no cars were below it.
  6. ajbernie

ajbernie Member
    from Maine

story behind the video

i did some digging and this is the story....

A Gordon County maintenance truck, loaded with about two tons of gravel, fell through the upper level of the two-story parking deck attached to the Courthouse Annex in downtown Calhoun late Tuesday.

David James, the truck’s driver, had just started scraping snow from the deck’s top level in preparation for the reopening of county offices on Wednesday.

He had scraped about half of the first lane of the deck when his rear wheels fell through the deck’s roadway. His truck’s path could be clearly seen from where he had cleared the snow. About five or six inches of snow was on the deck.

“I felt like my wheels had gone into a grate. It just stopped, and then it started falling backwards,” said James, an 11-year county employee. “Everything just moved in slow motion.”

James, who was not injured when his truck plunged through the deck, said he was lucky the truck fell through rear first.

No one else was in the structure when the portion of the deck, just large enough for the truck to fit through fell. Several county vehicle were still parked on the upper level at 5:40 p.m. Tuesday, and county officials were attempting to get them moved.

County Administrator Randy Dowling said the county last month received a consultants report that said the deck, which was built in the mid-1980s, was structurally sound, and noted that the beams did not collapse during the incident.

“The report we got gave us an estimate of $100,000 to refurbish the deck and bring it up to code and another of $100,000 to tear it down,” he said. “The commissioners voted to refurbish it, and we were in the process

Read more: Calhoun Times - Scraper truck falls through upper level of county parking deck

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

edit : when i typed this the new info/pics werent up. guess i was wrong.

look again. cars at same level on the road. then huge retainer wall in the back with the road goin up behind it.

ya i was thinkin big massive drywell with incorect cover plate that let go.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  8. SSS Inc.

SSS Inc. PlowSite Fanatic

After watching it a couple times he's lucky that plow didn't come loose a go through the windshield. It really snaps back.
  9. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

That video is awsome to watch, Glad to hear the driver is ok.
  10. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

Yikes! Glad he was okay
  11. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

thats insane... i would've **** myself for sure...
  12. Trane365

Trane365 Member

Glad to hear the driver was ok but but why plow a parking deck with two tons of gravel in truck?
  13. 97f250Heavyduty

97f250Heavyduty Senior Member

Good to hear the drive was ok. I thought that plow was going to hit the windshield as well...
  14. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Oh man that was crazy to watch.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

wow its good nobody was hurt in that one
  16. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

that would have scared the heck out of me!
  17. chriso3wj

chriso3wj Member

That will make your brown eye pucker........:eek::eek:
  18. stg454

stg454 Senior Member

Glad to hear that no one was hurt. Plow definately looked like it was going to hit the windshield.
  19. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

The updated version of the story per Total Nonsense News Channel

20. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

pretty sure that guy was not right to put that large of a truck on that thing.....4k of gravel or not it is too big a rig for that..

i got offered a parking building like that and they mandated ONLY a half ton truck to do the top level with NO salter or any other items in bed.....and NEVER to stack snow on the top deck...always to be removed..plowed down and OUT......