1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Crazy mod for a snow plow frame, is it possible? (Basher)

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Plowinpro03, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

So, its been a while since ive been around the plowsite forum. Yet, ive never seen or read about a mount that you can attach to a brush guard?

Surely im not the first person to come up with this idea, but i would love to be able to put my brush guard with my winch back on my truck during the summer months.

So, Basher, you sell snoway parts still right? How would i go about making an attachment to mount my brush guard on?

Has anyone done this?

((BTW, good to see your still around, i must have missed the reason to the Snoway subforum divorce off this site, lots of good info posted there.)

BTW, i need a bell crank.

2. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

81 views no thoughts?

3. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

If your talking about adding a mount to your brush guard to fit into your snow plow mounts on the truck, I don't think you will find a commercial product. Of course you could fab something. I could see it working with just the brush guard. Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable winching off my snow plow mounts. They are designed for pushing, not pulling.

4. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

If you could find an old plow frame im sure you could cut/weld and fab it up.

5. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

Fisher makes a small grille guard that mounts to the plow mounts. I have an old MM1 frame that i have saved just for this reason. Now i am just waiting for a good deal on a brush guard. As far as winching off the mounts? I suspect you could, i have done some pulling using my fisher mounts but you want to pull straight on so you do not bend the mounts sideways.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I cannot see a brush guard having the strength to handle a plow mount, not enough thruster arm.

Fisher and Meyer both make brush guards for certain plow modals and I'm sure you could modify one to work with any manufacturer's mount.

Anything can be made. You could certainly combine a plow mount and winch mount. No one makes one but if your arms are long enough and pockets deep enough anything can be done.payup

Call Kim or shoot me a email about the Bell crank, We have them in stock.

7. lwharton

lwharton Junior Member

Same Idea Here

I think what your saying is what I have been thinking ever since I bought my snoway. At least my thought is to attach brush guard in summer to my existing plow mounts not so much to have brush guard support plow in the winter. I am currently looking into fabing up such a arrangement by making a adapter plate for the brush guard i have in mind.:mechanic: Keep us posted on what you come up with!

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

that is possible

9. bradrob82

bradrob82 Junior Member
    from WV

I have a Meyer classic mount on my 2000 dodge 2500, I took a Ranch hand grill guard and made and welded up a lower bracket to slide into the tubes.

10. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

i wanted to do the same thing your talking about but this ended up being the simplest solution and it looks nice. i think ive decided im going to have it linexd. i had the plow on the truck and we made the bumper around it. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. eschildkraut

eschildkraut Junior Member

designing it

My company is in the process of designing a guard that attaches to either the boss mount or western pro mount.

Message me for details

12. Holland

Holland Senior Member

We built a weight bracket that slides into the western ultramount brackets, anything is possible! We were hanging 1600lbs off it with no problems!

13. HALH VT

HALH VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

Is that bumper/brush guard completely galvanized, or is it just aluminum painted. If galvanized, where did you get it done?