1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Crazy bid from another company....or no?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Schuley, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

I was asked to bid a parkinglot and some sidewalks at a senior appt building, while talking to the property manager she said the company that did it last year wont be doing it because of some major issues with double billing and something to do with bribery..wow. Anyway, I think it slipped out, but when I asked if they wanted a per push price or a seasonal, she said "well I dont know what that means, but the last guy was like $300 for 1-3 and so on and so on....." I was thinking that was kind of high, what do you think based on the map? Only the parking lot, and a sidewalk running the whole length of the parking lot and a couple short walks for fire exits on either side and the back. $300? My number was going to be around $200....am I thinking like a low baller?!

Does not include the blacktop paths. from the cul de sac to the end of the parkinglot.
    Someone please tell me how to upload that image to the post....it keeps saying error.
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

If you're making money, you're happy and they're happy; who cares what the other guy got? You have it and he doesn't. Next winter may be a whole different ball game.
  3. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Thats maybe a $300 hundred dollar account with salt.

I look at it like

$75 per push
    $85 to salt
    Maybe $50 for the walks
    $60 to salt the walks

Total for all = $270.00 total account

This is how it would be bid in my area. I am finding this out the hard way...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  4. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

$125 on plow
    $75 on walks
    Thats what i say
  5. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

You can get that out of a lot like that? Good for you.. Thats like a 45 minute truck or a 30 minute loader push for us, so $75 is good enough for me.

6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

tell em 300 with salt and your making some quick loot
  7. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

tell them $300 with salt and you are good to go. Easy push there,.