1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Crashes During Westport Police Chase

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by luciani634, Jan 1, 2008.

1. luciani634

luciani634 Member

A suspected shoplifter being pursued by Westport police crashed his car head-on into a parked pickup truck today on Coleytown Road near Easton Road after a high speed chase on the Merritt Parkway.
    The man was injured in the crash and taken to Norwalk Hospital by Westport EMS.

During the chase, the suspect tossed items out of his window apparently taken from Parfumerie Douglas Cosmetics at 57 Main St., according to detectives who recovered some of the merchandise.

Two water company workers had just left an equipment box next to where the crash occurred and were uninjured.

"Someone was looking out for me,” said one of the men who had just entered an underground work area at Coletyown Road and Easton Road.

The men are employed by Aquarion Water Company of Connecticut which also owns the pickup truck hit by the suspect.

Police were called by the store shortly after 1 p.m. and given a description of the alleged shoplifter and his car. An officer spotted the vehicle on Wilton Road and attempted to pull the driver over, according to detectives.

The car did not stop and got on the Merritt Parkway at Exit 41 and headed north at speeds of more than 70 miles per hour, according to police.

The suspect exited the parkway at Exit 42 in Westport, headed north on Weston Road, then turned on to Lyons Plains Road, then Coleytown Road and crashed into the truck just before the intersection with Easton Road.

A snowplow on the truck took the brunt of the crash and appeared little damaged while the suspect’s car was heavily damaged in the front.

2. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

that plow is jacked!!!!!!!!:eek:
  3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Probably get a good deal on that truck-Aquarion has dozens of trucks and there all brand new.
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

That plow should stack pretty well now.:dizzy:
  5. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Anyone else travel with their blade that high?
  6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like it may help solve the cooling problem. It looks like a lot of air will be able to get under it to cool the motor. Seeing, now that looks like a whole nother problem.
  7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

that frame must be bent. I will give them $3,000 right now. I will write the check tomarrow :p
  8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

hey anything can happen out there.....everyone be careful
  9. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I would have love to see that car if he hit a Highway plow truck :D
  10. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

i dont get it, all that for a few dollars in stolen stuff ??....wonder what would have happened to the P.D. if that crash resulted in the deaths of those involved ???

the police depts really need to rethink there chase protocols IMO
  11. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I look at it this way....your a criminal, you run, you should be chased like the hounds of hell
  12. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

really ???, so the fact that innocent people are hurt and killed every year by police chases dosent matter ??
    i agree there times when cops do need to go after someone but a shoplifter ????

keep your eyes on the papers cuz i,m sure theres gonna be repercussions over this..
  13. 1978K20

1978K20 Junior Member

The front frame rails on that truck may be bent. Trans may be damaged also.
  14. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Thats a new High-Lift Plow !!!!
  15. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Was it worth it for the cops to chase a guy for some stolen cosmetics? What if the guy hit your wife and kids car instead of that plow truck? The cops in that state need to get the Prosecutors Office to draft up some new "Chase Rules" so innocent people don't end up dead! :gunsfiring:
  16. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

Imagine if that truck had a plastic blade like a Sno-Way, it would look almost as bad as that car.
  17. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

now they can pile the snow a lot higher.
  18. PolyPlowBoss

PolyPlowBoss Member

Today's generation just don't have the morals and work ethics. Nobody wants to work anymore. All these kids with their hats on crooked, trying to be a gangbanger.
    I am always having problems with hiring people. They want to do very little work and they want all the money.:angry:
  19. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I'm pretty sure that guys car is jacked too!!! lol
  20. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

wow kinda looked like mine in jan of 07 after my accident