1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Crappy winter like everyone else

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Buddhaman, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

I run 3 trucks with plows and a Toolcat with a Kage. The 1 truck and Toolcat are all that have seen action this year. 1 truck hasn't even had the plow put on yet. We had a decent January but December sucked and February is not looking too good either. I'm in Central WI. I think we may have more freezing rain than snow. At least the salt truck had something to do.

2. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

I'm west and north some in WI and it has been really dull. We still might get something yet but I'm thinking it may be time to push dirt work.

3. tread lightly services

tread lightly services Member

i second the crappy winter... i have a dingo with 2 different blades and a $3000 snowblower that has been used ONCE!! ......depressing!!!!

4. siewertenterpri

siewertenterpri Junior Member

Central wi here to. Really has been a change since the last few winters. Glad i didnt go spend the extra money from last year on equipment to become lawn ornaments. Worst part is trying to keep people around for when it does snow have had a few guys disaper. Really glad for seasonals but there wanting there moneys worth complaining we didnt show for a light dusting when we have 1 inch trigger and now 3 inch storms became world stopping. At least this should be helping the northwoods and the u.p. with all the snowmobilers heading up there since there the only ones with open trails.

5. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

I may have to repost this daily. Last night was supposed to be less than half inch and we ended up with 5". Maybe if i repost this it will keep happening.

6. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

One plowable event here this winter. If you salt and commercial, you might have gotten out three times. We didn't even get any snow from that November dump. Just rain

7. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

Didn't work for here, there wasn't even a dusting... :confused: :dizzy: