1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Crappie CUMMINS

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by TPC Services, Aug 4, 2010.

1. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

So whens Dodge going to fix the piece of crap Cummins they have now that gets worse mileage then my 03' or 05' 5.9 ever did an the new Fords diesel that is a 8 cly and gets 22 mpg city/hwy mix driving. It has a poor turbo in it that soots up and when they go to fix it they replace it with the old 5.9 turbo that can not spool up to meet the 6.7 motor which makes it a turn now off the line and now a turd trying to pull a 15K trailer up a mild hill!!! Hell I've heard Chevy's got a new motor coming out that will put out about the same as the Fords 390hp and 730 torque. HELLO DODGE/ CUMMINS anyone home!!!! :dizzy: Really thinking about going back to FORD!! Better frontend and better milage Diesel.

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Go for it, we don't care what you do.

:rolleyes:

3. TPC Services

Thanks, I think I will. You keep up the good job of giving Great advise and helping out your posting #'s :gunsfiring: what a tool!!

4. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I think you're the first person I've ever heard complain about the Cummins. Best of luck with the Ford 3 different engines in 7 years.

5. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I have a buddy with a 6.7 and has notin but good things to say about it. Runs it hard and has had zero problems.

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

22 mixed on the Ford my ass

And GM's had the same platform for 10 years, the new one's the same thing. A few minor changes through the years with injection and tuning, but still the same 6.6 it's always been and probably always will be.

7. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

put a 6.7 turbo back on and work the truck hard and dont let it idle too much. also keep the e-brake on and keep your rpms up. (dont lug the motor) it should still be under warranty. sounds like your dealer is the problem.

8. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

I have an 03 ram 3500 cummins that has been great other than some injector problems. From the quite a bit of reading I have done on the different cummins forums it seems that the 6.7's have a lot of turbo and emissions equipment problems. The people that run them mostly on the highway have better luck with them.... the guys that do alot of stop and go driving around town (like me) can't keep them out of the shop. I dont really trust any of the post emission diesel engines..... not sure what im going to replace the 03 with when the time comes.

9. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Careful now, unlike the Super Duty platform (12 years old), and 3 different motors, GM has an all new frame and a 10 year old proven motor behind it.

10. bryanR

bryanR Member

22mpg my ass is right. avg that ive seen are 15 highway - 12 city

11. 04f250fisher

04f250fisher Senior Member

I love my cummins. my 5.9 gets 17 around town and havent had any issues.

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I meant the Dmax engine platform, not the chassis. Maybe you're not aware, but I'm pretty much the biggest Dmax defender on the site.......................... :drinkup:

13. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

The OP drives a Tundra...kidding

14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I gotta get me one of these Cummings diesel things.

15. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

get with the times youll never look back. :drinkup:

16. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Haha...wow did I F that one up! :eek:

17. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

in for the higher post count.

18. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

don't worry they will be cumming around the mountain when they come

19. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

:)

lmao

20. TPC Services

TO you (22 mpg MY ASS ) non-believer’s, I’ve talk to around 4-5 guys that have the new 2011’s and they all same that’s what they are getting. Yet I have yet to find one dodge 6.7 owner to tell be he’s even getting close to what the old 5.9’s where getting in mpg!! To the ones that are saying they haven’t had any problems with there’s is that you are liking getting 15mpg or less city mix and 18mpg maybe 19mpg downhill on a good day) ( NON- MODIFIED) Woopsie I forgot ( less then 10mpg with the plow on). not saying all the cummins are bad, Hell my 05' got 21-22mpg hwy wise and was over all a hell of a lot better motor then this 6.7. Sorry to say but you put a 5.9 an a 6.7 with a 15k trailer on it an that 5.9 will out pull that 6.7 up a large hill every time!! (Seen it done it). So your all telling me that you’ve had no front end problems hanging a 8’2” or larger V Plow off your dodge 3/4 an up 4 doors trucks. (BEFORE YOU MODIFIED THE FRONT WITH AFTER MARKET PARTS) your full of it !! Then I must just be beating the living hell out of mine then.