1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Crank No Start..HELP...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Rabbitiswise, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Rabbitiswise

Rabbitiswise Junior Member

well people I am at my wits end. I have recently had a issue with my truck that is totally new to me.

Start out as a crack no start, replaced cap and rotor. Still no start. Check spark(got that) Pulled air cleaner, no fuel, check fuel pump and pump fuse and relay, aok, replace relay because of code. Still no start. Squirt TBI with starter fluid, started and injectors began working. This morning, nothing even with starting fluid. Tried starting with the default time unplugged even(was recommended that to check ecm) Check for fuel at back of TBI, plenty (Unknown of psi). Snap on scanner shows tps in good shape, ECT right on(outside temp the same).

If my signature isnt shown, I have a 94 K1500 w/5.7L.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

This is actually a rather common issue with the TBI trucks when they age.

Your diagnosis was good and based on that info I can confidently say replace the distributor. It will start right up. ;)

3. Rabbitiswise

Confused why would the distributor have to do with no injector pulse? I have spark from coil and at plug.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The injectors are fired via the pickup coil through the module in the distributor since the TBI trucks use no crank or camshaft sensors to reference crankshaft rotations. And you can have spark but no injector signal from it. Happens quite often but stumps many guys.

5. Rabbitiswise

Sounds logical...thank...i'll keep you up to date.

6. Rabbitiswise

Btw...forgot to post. Yes up and running. was running fine now having issues.