1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Craigslist find?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by 30below, Jan 18, 2009.

1. 30below

30below Junior Member
    from Alaska

Craigslist add
    Craigslist add
    Craigslist add

Does anybody recognize this v-plow? Are they any good? Know how much do they weigh?

What do you think this might be worth? The truck has the motor sitting in the bed and looks rough. I want the plow to put on something else. Maybe I could use the truck later on, but who knows what's the matter with it right now.

Things I have I could mount to: 1996 ranger, 1999 explorer, 1983 f150, 1976 Jeep J20, 1974 scout II, or a 1999 F150. Most interested in mounting to the explorer or scout.

Thanks!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Its an old Diamond plow.

Are they good? They were for their time but are now considered as dinosaurs. No parts availability now.

And yes they're heavy...not really a good plow choice for most of the vehicles you mentioned.

But for a $1 I'd buy it for a conversation piece. :D

3. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

I have no info on the plow but would assume it's to heavy for everything on your list except maybe the J20.

4. procut

procut Senior Member

I certainly wouldn't put it on a ranger or explorer. I can't imagine even being able to find parts for it, IMO its only really worth its price in scrap steel.

5. onawa

onawa Junior Member

Craigslist ad for almost new Meyer 7 foot plow for a jeep

Just in case anybodys interested.

This is the link
    http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/pts/994282059.html

plow blade meyer off jeep wrangler - $500 (abington)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: sale-994282059@craigslist.org [?]
    Date: 2009-01-15, 3:58PM EST

I have the meyer 7' FOOT blade, controler, wiring harness,
    (frame, headlights and pump destroyed in crash)
    it will fit 1987-1995 YJ unsure if it will fit new i dont have time to research it but meyers is very modualar so most parts are interchangable
    This is only 3 seasons young !!! get it now before I change my mind!!!
    I just crashed my 1995 jeep, which this blade was used for, my loss your gain! <brim not buying a jeep anytime soon ( unfortunatly) but i dont want the blade to go waste.
    I have had at least 15 calls on this... please read the ad again! and then please call me if your still interested!
    call rich 781.983.4565 cash talks!! I will take down the posting when I have cash in hand. I have great luck buying and selling some stuff here, as needed and we are all aware of the "I want it people" who never show. So if you reading this it is still available. Thanks I hope to hear from you! Have a great DAY!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

6. 30below

30below Junior Member
    from Alaska

Thanks for the input!

7. 30below

30below Junior Member
    from Alaska

8. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

Looks like a TM6.5 plow, E47 pump and mounts for an older Jeep CJ (the picture is a CJ3B). This plow would be a good match for one of you downsized vehicles, Ranger, Explorer, but you need to buy or fabricate mounts.

9. 30below

30below Junior Member
    from Alaska

Thanks!

Is it a new or old model?

Good price?

10. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

your better off letting that one sit.... JMO

11. willyswagon

willyswagon Senior Member

The first one was a Diamond V for sure. Once you have one you'll never forget them. The heaviest built plow I've owned or seen. They were belt driven, and had a 3 toggle swicth controller. They would out plow anything else that was on the market at the time. They had a super high trailing edge which could throw snow over banks like no other. The main problem with them was they left a trail of snow down the middle of the blade(or as I said the Fawk'n thing is broke in the middle!!) I kept it for two years and tried coming up with different ways to stop the center snow problem.:gunsfiring: I sold it and the guy that bought it uses it to keep his wood road clear(no worries of a little center snow in there). You need a 3/4 tonHD or 1 ton for that set up.