1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Craftsmen Snow Thrower Help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Bad Luck, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I was just given an old 22" Craftsmen model#536.886530. It has an electric start (plug in type) but it needs the pull start assembly. Anyone know where I can get one?

The guy that gave it to me (guy I work with) had it since new and just got a new one. Said he's never had any problems with it except for breaking the pull start two years ago.

I tried Sears but they don't have the PN on their website.

Thanks.

2. RTW5150

RTW5150 Junior Member
    from IL

what motor is on it?

3. doon

doon Junior Member
    from chicago

go to sears they carry it anything crastmen is only avaiable through sears parts store

4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Sears part #590646 $32.22, is the whole rewind assembly trashed or is the pull cord just broken?

You have to search for the engine model #HS50-67326K, as Sears considers them two different items.

5. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

You're the man, thanks. I think the whole assembly is broke but I'm not sure, haven't been able to look at it yet.

It's a Tecumseh Motor.

6. festerw

festerw Senior Member

If I remember there should be 4 bolts holding the assembly on, it will be obvious if the whole thing is FUBAR. Rewinding a new cord while a pain in the ass is wicked cheaper.

7. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

FYI- Murray makes thier blowers

8. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Depends on how old it is- Sears has had many different manufacturer's making their stuff over the years.

They can generally supply parts for almost anything- even my 20+ year old blower. I miss the service stores...some Sears stores have a service counter who can also help you when in doubt.

9. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Not much longer, with the Kmart buyout they are phasing out the most parts & service and going to internet parts ordering.