1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Craftsman Snowblower any good?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by XxChevy-HDxX, Aug 18, 2011.

1. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Hi guy's im in the market to buy a snowblower for my concrete driveway and to use on my accounts side walks. I was at Sears the other day and came accross a Craftsman 26 inch 208cc snowblower. The motor isn't from a Briggs & Stratton, but i was wondering if anyone who has this snowblower or a similar craftsman snowblower please tell how you like it
    Thanks Guy's Thumbs Up

2. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

As a small engine shop owner they all seem to be about the same quality to me unless you go up to a Honda ect... The good thing with sears is that parts will be available for awhile, they dont make any of their own stuff as far as I can tell, I had two parked side by side that were identical other then small things (headlight ect...) one was an MTD and the other a craftsman. In other words get what suits you for a good price, I would have no brand loyalty if I were you. Make sure you get a well known engine (Briggs or Kohler are prob the two choices you will have), I have had generics come in and parts are not easy to come by, actually I have told people that I have no idea who made the thing and therefore I cannot get parts for it.

3. ManitobaMB

ManitobaMB Junior Member

Don't get anything made by Tecumshe. I've had good luck with my toro blower except for the tecumshe engine, it has a surging problem that has lasted two season and can't seem to be diagnosed properly.

4. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

They have been out of business for a few years now IIRC I havent had issues yet but suspect one day there will be a shortage of parts.

5. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I have a Craftsman going on 5 years maybe. I always thought it was made kinda cheap compared to my Ariens I had before but never an issue with it.

6. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

Thanks guys! But look in the equipment pic forum i bought a john deere with a reliable briggs and stratton motor NO CHINEESE ****!

7. gta-landscape

gta-landscape Junior Member

We bought a craftsman 32 inch or something like that for walkways at our equipment yard and it works well for soft snow but once its wet and heavy it has some minor problems going through the snow. It is not as good as our better quality snow blowers but for the money its good.

8. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

i got a new 30'' john deere look in the equipment pic forum and look for "MY New John Deere"

9. gta-landscape

gta-landscape Junior Member

Oh yea I just saw thats a nice snow blower you bought. :)

10. BlackKnight07

BlackKnight07 Member

Brute Force from Briggs & Stratton is Pretty Good. Got three and neighbors and myself out of the Blizzard we have in Chicago. I don't have on complaint. Only Sold at Menards and a Walmart however i never seen one at Walmart.