1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Craftsman blower help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by earnies2, Dec 26, 2005.

1. earnies2

earnies2 Senior Member

I have a craftsman #536-887995 Blower with a plastic chute I believe it to be a Murray model does any body know the replacement chute # for a metal chute ? I have broken 4 of these so-far and i am tired of replacing them 1,broke because of a chunk of driveway one broke because of ice one broke in the trailer and the last one broke itself because no won knows how it happened!!!! go figure!!! the chute has 3 nuts and bolts on the bottom for mounting I'm sure someone has a older murray machine that has a metal chute that can send me their model # and i will do the research thanks for your help in advance:gunsfiring: :eek:

2. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

after spending more time on the phone with them then I would like to admit I could not get a metal chute out of them.

After they sent me 3 replacement chutes out of "better material" we were still breaking them. 3 of us purchased them and broke the chutes by the way. Simple chunk of ice or god forbid a rock breaks the damm thing- factor in the plastic being cold and brittle and I have no idea what they were thinking?

So I fiberglassed the one at the shop, and the other 2 we simply riveted and bolted on a thin piece of aluminum to the inside of the top of the chute- problem solved!

Nothing better then when the that thing breaks and sends the snow straight up huh? :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring: