1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cracking Poly Spring on 4 yr old switchblade

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by Doug55, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Doug55

Doug55 Junior Member

I have a 4 year old Pro-Tech 14' Switchblade (SBL) pusher. The poly spring is developing a number of cracks, along its entire length, between the cutting edge and the lower edge of the pusher unit. As a result, the spring is loosing it ability to keep the cutting edge in a proper forward angled position and we are experiencing frequent edge tripping.

I have spoken to my dealer about this and they say that my only option is to replace the poly spring, at a cost of approximately $2,600. This is only a 4 year old unit, and we only use it for our own parking lot, which has 210 parking spots.

Has anyone else experienced any problems with the poly spring?

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

2. Tj4CX

Tj4CX Junior Member

Go get a new one Doug 55. I have rubbers tearing on my boxes in a half a season. Placed calls to Protech but nobody ever called back. Every year I buy 2 boxes but last year was my last. Last year I sent a guy down to pick up a new box after I special ordered one. When he brought it to the distribution center we plow, the entire rubber edge wasn't adjusted properly. I called them and they stated it happens in shipping, but they painted over it so it must have left the factory like that!

3. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

Doug55,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Pro-Tech Switchblade. The poly hinge is considered a wear part and will eventually need to be replaced. Four to five seasons is a common lifespan of the part but we have seen them last longer for some users. We recommend that when storing the unit either on the lot or during the off-season that the unit faces North, away from long hours of direct sunlight. Direct sunlight can prematurely wear the hinge over time. When you purchased the unit did you register the 10 year warranty? If you feel that the spring wear is a malfunction of the product please call us at 888-787-4766 and we would be happy to discuss the issue. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Tj4CX,
    We pride ourselves in excellent customer service and apologize if your calls were never returned. Please message me with your contact info and I would be happy to have someone from management call you immediately about the rubber issues.