1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cracking hydrolic lines

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by chasity2682, Sep 26, 2010.

1. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

I bought the western pro plow plus last oct. I cleaned up the plow before i put it away so there was no crap on it. When i put it back on yesterday i noticed the hydrolic lines were cracked and rust was coming out from between the cracks and its not even a year old, is this normal. also decided to shove some dirt with the plow to test it out nothing heavy just light soil, when i got out of the truck there was fluid running down the front of the resivoire but when i took the cap off i couldnt see any fluid where could the fluid be coming from:help:

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like either the wrong fluid was used to begin with and heat built up and dried out all your seals and then you lost your fluid. take it back to your dealer and ask whats up? - but politely;)

3. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

the fluid was blue, i dropped it off already but he told me he couldnt get to it until wednsday, And yes i was polite, im just waiting to see what he comes back with.