1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cracked touch screen :(

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Earthworks2011, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Earthworks2011

Earthworks2011 Junior Member

I got angry and cracked my screen in my truck (730n RHR), very upset with myself.....very. Anyone have any links to repair or replacement parts.....Mopar wants $3400 for the entire new media center?????? :cry:

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Ebay, Craigslist or Best Buy. It's the direction I went.

3. my69coronetrt

my69coronetrt Junior Member

might be a long shot but have you checked with your insurance agent? i have no experience with this but there could be a possibility that you could have some kind of coverage.

4. Paul D

Paul D Member

This could be they way to go, i had a problem with a car and the insurance agent suggested insurance could be an option, in the end the dealer pulled though with warranty coverage but the next route would have been to try insurance. Please let us know how you end up resolving and if your try insurance.

5. Paul D

Paul D Member

...... :eek:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure if insurance covers anger management issues.

7. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

For what we pay it damn well should.

8. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

take a screw driver and make it look like you were trying to pry it out of the dash then call your insurance and tell them someone broke in and tried to steal your navi, and broke it lol

9. Earthworks2011

hahaha...yes im a *******. Thought about insurance but im still working on a possible repair. Will keep you guys posted for sure!

10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I wish there was a "Like" button LOL

Agreed

See above LOL

11. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Call your insurance guy And the quickly have this thread deleted!

12. Earthworks2011

Its all good..I got a guy through a Ram dealership will fix it for $500 but I have to remove it and re install it.

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You punched it?

14. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

For whatever it's worth...was in the mall the other day and I noticed a kiosk that did Ipad and other misc. screen repair. Didn't pay much attention, but I remember seeing a guy there on the spot working on something about the size of a notebook & had the screen removed from it.