1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cracked plow light housing

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bran1har, Oct 3, 2015.

1. bran1har

bran1har Junior Member
    from CT

I have fisher speedcast with the headgear on year round so I guess the lights see a bit more then normal abuse, but both of my plow lights have rattled themselves apart. They are the standard fisher dominion auto lights. They cracked right at the base.
    I think this may be beacause I put glass bulbs in them instead of the less heavy plastic ones that came stock. The problem is that both oem bulbs burned out and I couldnt find replacement plastic ones anywhere. The guy at the auto parts store said they are long since discontinued. Any ideas as to what i should do to keep the next pair from doing the same thing?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Are you talking about those original plow lights where the turn signal was on top? The big fugly lights?