1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cracked and bent pushfram

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by hotshot4819, Feb 5, 2008.

1. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

my 9.2 v xt , snapped and bent the last storm. was going slow, up and incline and turning slightly to pile spot, and BAMMM plow dug into crack and my truck stoped dead in trackes. i back up and raise the plow and right off saw it angled wierd.

dealer is order new pushfram ( fairly cheap )

is this normal. i honestly was not doing anything ubnormal.

2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

do you have any pictures??

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Ditto. Pics please.

4. payton

payton Senior Member

you probally just caught the edge wrong and when it did the forward movement of the truck was more then it could take. did your truck seem to drive over the plow any at all? front end pick up or jerk to the side? im willing to bet it did. even if you didnt notice it.

payton

5. Matt L.

Matt L. Member

ouch! shouldnt the blade have tripped or the wing fold back before something like that happens?
    ive read about this in other posts. would leaving the shoes down just a hair help? unless scraping to the ground was a neccessity. I dont have enough wiskers to say for sure. just throwing a thought out.

6. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

i will get pics soon. trying to get the plow up and going again b4 anything