1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Crack in a Poly plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by EPPSLLC, Dec 1, 2008.

EPPSLLC Senior Member

I found this plow that was off an 01 F-250 and was wondering if i should pass on it or not because of the crack and was also wondering if it this would bolt up to my 01 f-350

thanks guys
  2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That crack will just get bigger. You should pass on it JMO.

EPPSLLC Senior Member

here are the pictures

plow meyer poly used 001.jpg

plow meyer poly used 003.jpg
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

How much does the guy want?
  5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

If the price is right grab it and use it till its wrecked...or grab the Blizzard sitting next to it.
  6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Just put a 5/8 washer then like a 1' washer and your poly will be fine. You can also take a couple peices of 1' flat bar about 3" long and bolt it across the back through the poly with 1/4 bolts to stop the poly from spreading.
  7. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Pull the bolt out and push the pieces together, drill a 1/8" hole at the end of the crack. Vee the crack out with 36 grit sand paper front and back,and the surrounding areas. Get some 3M Automotive panel bonding adhesive from a local body shop, fill the grooved area and build up 1-2" out around the crack, get some fiberglass screen and push into the adhesive both front and back side and coat with more panel bonding adhesive, let it dry over night, sand face smooth with 80 & 100 grit sand paper, clean and paint.

Panel bonder is good for 40,000 psi tensile strength. I use the stuff all the time, works great to fix plow ligths, it is a bit pricy $40 a cartridge, but any local body shop worth there salt will have the stuff.

Good luck