1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

covering strobe holes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mcwlandscaping, Jul 9, 2007.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Is there anything that can be used to cover the holes left in lights after hideaway strobes have been removed from them that will hold up? I have the opportunity to take the strobe light kits out of all the outgoing trucks at my dads office and was wondering about this. The new owners have no use for strobe lights and would hate for these systems to go to waste. Each truck has a 90w 4head hideaway kit with 2 LED heads on the roof. Just thinking ahead... The holes may be in a spot where rain can't get in, but, i'm not sure! Anyone have any ideas?

-mike-

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Very simple Mike, put some electrical tape or duct tape over the holes.

3. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Mike cut a small circles out of some heavy plastic and RTV it over the holes neatly. that way no one will notice and you will be sure it will last for the new owner.

Buy the way I want first dibs on the used lights and I'll even help with the removal.

4. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

hole pugs

Why not use something like this...

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I used something simlier to the previous post, but you can use them t cover up holes in electrical boxes and such. Just buy the 1 inch ones. Anyone know the name of what I am talking about. They have little tabs on the back of the that you fold to lock it in place to cover the hole. They are only about 50 cents a piece. When I used them I just popped them in the hole and used a sealent to hold them in place.

Ryan

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I might want to get in line for them if you ever want to sell them.

7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

use the stuff they use for ducts. not the duck tape but that foil tape it is silver reflrctive and very stiff and sticky

8. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

That's a great idea there cat320. I'm thinking place a patch the size of the hole onto the sticky side of a piece (sticky sides facing each other) that would go over the back of the housing. So you have the shiny side toward the inside of the reflector housing. [O]