1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Covered Loads?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Pelican, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

In my area, I only see a few V-box sanders with load tarps, I think it may actually be law, but like the license plate question, it is not often enforced.

I have never covered a load except to shed rain while parked. With my new truck, the tarp would get torn up with use.

Just curious if this is done in other regions.

2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

No covers required in a storm. However the rest of the time loads are covered no exceptions.

Geoff

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Mines always covered,100% of the time,if i dont the snow will wash the magic out the bottom of the v box,and it gets messy from there.It is a law that is enforced here,which is another reason i cover it.I use a hunk of commercial rubber roof membrane,this stuff is awesome,very strong,,but it is a little heavy.It will nto flap around or tear up,ive been using it for 5 yrs now,its like new yet,will likely outlast the v box.I drap mine over the sides,and into the truck bed,it stays all by itself its so heavy.

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

My truck has a roll cover so I cover my load when it is precipitating. The other truck has a tarp on it. Once it stops precipitating, I take them off.
    Easier to check the load that way.
    Dino

5. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

I agree with Dino, especially if your using magic salt or caliber why wash it off the salt in your hopper.

Cover the load and put the deicer where it will do the most good.

Uncover it when the storm stops.

6. KatWalk

KatWalk Member

True Redneck

Pelican, true rednecks should never tarp the load!!!! My current/temporary redneck set up consists of a 1.7yard airflo with a long shaft mounted atop 2"x10" s in a two wheel drive 91 chevy 3/4 ton. This is one heck of a set up and never gets the tarp!!!!!