1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Coverall Structures

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Ne1, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

Trying to figure out if these dome type roofs are the way to go for bulk salt storage. Any pros or cons would be great. Seems like I could do a tin roof for less and never have to worry about it ripping or tearing?
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Wood/metal roof is definitely the way to go if you can do it. I have owned two 12x20 gable style cover its. They seem great when you start, but they won't hold up to a heavy load of snow followed by rain. That's why I bought the second one. Some say the round style are better for shedding snow.
  3. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

We just installed 2 of them and are working on a third
  4. iceman1

iceman1 Senior Member

money talks. a coverall deal is a fraction of the price. We love ours. Just get it big enough. I have had 3 now and it is all do to the fact that none will hold enough salt. Now mine fits 1200-1300 tons and it is plum full
  5. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Just finished mine today
  6. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Here is our the one to the far left
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  7. Turf Guy

Turf Guy Member

Built one last year, 64' x 150', two 24' roll up doors... Calhoun Super Structure... It's nice, great for our use as a warehouse..... Getting ready to build a second one once the crops are off, 64' x 80' for salt storage.... Can't wait, they are dream to work with!!!!
  8. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Lets see some pics