1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Coverage area

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jmassi, Oct 21, 2004.

1. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

Does anyone know how big of an area an 80# bag of salt will cover? :confused:

2. EEW

EEW Junior Member

Same question

Are you new to the business. I live in Medina. I have been in the Landscaping business and now clients are asking me to plow, so I am all set for his winter but have questions like these for the experienced plowers. What spreader do you have? Do you subcontract or own your own business?

Some plowers refer to the number of #'s needed per acre. It would be nice to find out how many pounds of #1 salt is needed versus magic salt as well.

My clients loved it when I told them that I was thinking about all of the new concrete they poured this year and I handed them some of the specifications of the magic salt. They ate the information up and now I want to make sure that I get the pounds correct or I could lose my A@# because of the price per bag and the lot is 3.1 acre.

3. LawnGuy440

LawnGuy440 Junior Member

The question can't be answered, not enough info. The area can be anywhere from a few sq feet to thousands. Depends on how heavy or thin it is applied.