1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Coupling Lug Height

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by TTBoy77, Nov 15, 2008.

1. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

I have a uni-mount and a lifted truck. To those of you who know the story, I'm sorry to keep bothering you. To those of you who don't know, here is my story. To make a long story short, I have a lifted chevy and am going to plow with it. What would be the problem if my coupling lugs are at 15 or so inches as opposed to the recommended 10.5? I hooked it up and it doesn't look THAT bad. :gunsfiring:

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

your attack angle will be to steep ,it will affect the scraping and cutting action .also affect the cutting edge wear .will tend to dig in !:confused:

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If the A-frame isn't very close to level it won't work correctly.

It'll wear the cutting edge out prematurely, tend to dig into the ground, and trip excessively easy. You need to set it at the correct height period. Any other way is a hack job that will disappoint you...and your customers. :salute:

Just a tip on dropping the mount on your truck since it has a 6", as I'm sure it has the lower control arm drop bracket that mounts below the factory pivot points....DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE MOUNT ANYTHING FROM THE MOUNT TO THAT AFTERMARKET DROP DOWN BRACKET...period.

Thats the main reason that while I don't condone plowing with a lifted truck, plowing with a 4" or 6" lifted IFS GM truck. You lose your #1 rear brace/reinforcement point with the drop down bracket due to the lift install.