1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

couplers

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by zzzman, Dec 26, 2009.

1. zzzman

zzzman Member

how does everyone run there setup for the hoses going into the angle cylinders. i have couples on the cylinders but the more i notice, other peoples setup i see they either have there hoses right into the cylinders or a 90 (male to female) coupler. would it be better to just run the hose into the cylinder. be a tight fit to reach the pump but it will work. any feedback would be great.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The couplers will last longer if they're on the pump instead of down on the cylinders.

3. Gumpy52

Gumpy52 Member

It depends on what plow you are using. Western and Boss don't use couplers on there plows, due to the pump and plow come off the truck as a unit. Most Meyer Plows have couplers due to the pump stay on the truck when you take the plow off.

4. zzzman

zzzman Member

I have couplers on the pump and te cylinders . Just thought I should remove the ones from the cylinders.

5. Gumpy52

Gumpy52 Member

If thats the case , like B&B said remove the ones on the cylinders. Also the fewer coupler to give you problems.

6. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

zzzman, we still need to know what brand of plow and the era its from. Older Westerns had couplers too.

7. zzzman

zzzman Member

it is the old style western but with a myers e-47 pump