1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Couple videos and pics from Dec 09 storm JD 4720 tractor and trucks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

WTF is up with 4 picture max?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqhkKPXs8z4 1st video
    sorry, some videos will make you dizzy, cant hold phone and do this at the same time... ill get a suction cup mount cam holder eventually for a future vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RML-9obp9_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L5exyrtjdw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlcyR_bNtug

Lady that hit our tractor in grocery store lot, look at the snow 10 minutes after the collision. She was zipping crossways trying to cut off the streetlight at the corner, hit our tractor with 5 million lights on it :/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ramairfreak98ss

3. Ramairfreak98ss

4. Ramairfreak98ss

5. Ramairfreak98ss

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    door that client said was "plowed shut" in one of my other threads "shell shocked over dec invoices" clearly after this door was backdragged just this last push, there wasnt much left.
    [​IMG]

6. Ramairfreak98ss

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Moving piles with 2 blowers and tractor
    [​IMG]

7. Ramairfreak98ss

8. Ramairfreak98ss

[​IMG]
    damage to Boss 08 VXT, prob caught a curb with the wing out moving pretty good :/

9. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

any damage to your tractor ? great pics :nod:

10. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Love the pics...

Looks like you guys get down and dirty..:D

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Never seen anyone blow parking lot banks back with a push snowblower before. Nice pics.

12. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

lol..........

13. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Post up some movies of that 4720 with the pusher infront :drinkup:

14. Ramairfreak98ss

Dont think so, nothing major at least.... she hit the wheel weights in the middle luckily "220lbs per side", chipped the powder coating off since the machine is brand new still.

20 minutes after i uploaded the pics in this post yesterday, i get a letter from Allstate, with a claim number for the womans accident. I guess she filed a claim for her toyota camry to get fixed. Id assume by getting this letter, although its no demand in it, means they think we're liable for her hitting the machine ?

Ill have to get an incident report now of course monday to see what it says.

Once the cops finally showed up, the woman said to the officer as soon as he came over "in front of my crew", "Oh you again" lol. The cops just told my guys to wait away from him dealing with the woman, apparently the cop has pulled her over or cited her previously.

A couple days after, the tractor front hydraulic steering linkage gets stuck full lock turn. So the wheel locks until you go forward or backup when turned sharply.

Also the CD player shot out of the pocket in the cab and broke... wasnt fastened in THAT great, has been like that for a year and 65hrs worth on the machine without an issue. Bought another "cheaper" replacement already of $125 to have installed so the tractors going to the dealer today for them to look at.

I was going to let it all slide if nothing came of it, but its a repressed area in nj on rt-130 and im sure this freking lady wants some money. If we get sued, ill have to have our insurance handle it :/

Like i said, somehow, as seen in the pics, NO piles, no trees, no obstacles were near the tractor, we have the Hella beacon light on it, flashing 4 ways up top and 6 freking headlights.. how can you NOT see it ? Plus she was cutting through illegally, going way too fast especially in the snow and cutting across many lanes of parking spots, not driving down an actual lane.

15. Ramairfreak98ss

yeah well we were desperate :) The simplicity blowers eat more than anyone realizes so it makes it "dooable" We already had the little tractor working nonstop and the JD tractor was at larger lots relocating snow and stacking, the jd skid steer still has an eta for jan 31st delivery to the dealer so it didnt help. We have almost a dozen blowers so to send another couple out to help wasnt hurting things, it was light fluffy snow for the most part too.

16. Ramairfreak98ss

dont have any i think. I might have one from last year so ill check. without heavy snow, it can do like 15mph in high range with the 8 footer. We just put the 10 footer on the other day and are making a custom weight box for the back for next season to add another 500-1000lbs of concrete weight over the one thats on it.

17. WMHLC

WMHLC Senior Member

I'm truly amazed at the amount of drama you face. You either have the worst luck in the world or you need to slow down and focus on the task at hand. I always find if I'm not focused on the job at hand my crew will not focus and they will screw up more, and bring on the drama. Are you always yelling and screaming at your guys? Do you fire them or have some punishment system in place for screw ups? Maybe you are overbooked, do you still have the drive for this?

I can't image the drama you would have if you where in a market where it actually snowed. Not 15-30 inches for the year. Hope I don't seem rude, but all I can say is wow!!!!!!!!!!

18. Ramairfreak98ss

haha, im actually pretty easy going. I think most of the crew likes me as the boss, at least most say so and its very rare that i instantly dont like one of the guys after hiring them or dont get along with one. Im sure its a whole different type of ballgame in areas that get 60+ inches every season. Of course its NJ, our 20" are surely more of an issue than the 60" you might get in Michigan. There people drive slower and stay home and wait until the roads are clear. In NJ, 20" of snow doesnt mean anything to them, they still will go to events, not stay home, everyone rushes to the grocery stores, after theres 8" on the ground etc... nj in general is a maniac state while its snowing.