1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Couple suggestions for Fisher engineering Co. from a Fisher plow loyalist.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Buswell Forest, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I'd like to see the buttons on the Xtreme V fish-stik controller changed...with the V and scoop buttons put down bottom in place of the individual wing controls..

I'd like to see a better connection to the wiring harness for the controller too..

I'd like to see the "jacket" for the head gear come with every plow...work the cost into it.

The lever for the locking pins feels a little flexible & could use a bit more leverage...and the rubber handle at the top keeps sliding off..maybe think about that and see what could be done..Not a huge deal, but sometimes the pins come out dry even pushing and wiggling the headgear..

Invent a back-drag edge that lowers hydraulicly...one that has plenty of wear surface.... let it lower a good 4" below the front cutting edge....maybe put a small 6" rear facing wing at the ends of the back-drag edge so you can actually carry a good bit of snow. If weight is a concern, make the edge out of poly.

Find a way to make the transmission in my truck shift from D to R and back with the push of a single button on my plow controller..maybe make it a trigger on the front part of the grip..I know there's a way..

I will post more insane ideas as time goes on.

Thanks.

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

My only suggestion is one they should have done 10 years ago And may have caught alot of criminals. It STOP USING STICKERS AS VIN NUMBERS!. How hard is it to etch a vin number in the blade or rivet a metal plate with the number. The have been using peel off stickers for 10 years now.It is quite sad.The security guard if no help to anyone quite easy to get by that.

3. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I'd say we need to take action ourselves for our stickered models. Good call.

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Yep number and letter punches, In a place people would not think to look.

5. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

I second these two.

6. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Wouldn't need it if you store your plows in the garage..

7. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Dear Fisher Engineering,
    Please include the garage.
    Signed,
    Super Ultimate Fantastic "I wear Fisher underwear, so I would never buy anything but a Fisher" Snowplow Guy

8. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing: That would be an interesting delivery...