1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Couple simple questions

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by FrFtr28, Dec 1, 2010.

1. FrFtr28

FrFtr28 Member

Couple of simple questions

I'm in the final stages of getting the plow ready and have a couple easy questions.

1. The power cable running from the motor to the solenoid is a tad short and needs replaced, but I can't find anything that says what gauge it is. There is no marking on the wire, and I was thinking it looks like 6 or 8 gauge, but I don't know for sure.

2. There's a leak around the swivel elbow on the pump housing. Is it common for the 'C' solenoid to leak or would this more likely be the quick connect? Also, would I need to drain the fluid out of the pump in order to remove the elbow?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  2. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

the power wire is an 8 gauge. As for the leak, I would suspect that its coming from the quick connect, cheapest possibility too. You wont have to drain the fluid, but changing the fluid isnt such a bad idea anyway.
  3. FrFtr28

FrFtr28 Member

Thanks for the reply. I just put in fresh fluid, that's why I asked about draining it. I don't want to replace the fluid if I don't have to.