1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Couple shots from Dec 26

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bowtie_guy, Dec 26, 2008.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

So I've been out pushing snow the past 3 days, truck hit 63,000KM yesterday with a pile of snow infront. ;)

Anyways a couple shots from today, it works not a puss puss truck some some people have, ;D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LeadDogg

LeadDogg Junior Member
    from NH

very nice truck. i would be thrilled to drive that everyday :)

3. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Sweet Truck, why is one rim different? I am guessing a flat

4. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

thats what my next work truck will be a standard cab duramax. i love my crew cab but i always find stuff to put in the back seat.

gotta love how people always find the oddest things in pics. nice truck

5. Sno Biz

Sno Biz Member
    from Chicago

is that 1/4 mile time with the plow on pushin a foot of wet snow???

sweet ride!

6. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

I have to ask, does the tinted windows really bother you at night? Cause they look great and i have always wanted to get them, but I am always working at night and am just afraid i wont be able to see enough at night.

7. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

great pics i was wonder were you where hidding ? did you get any vids

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I want to plow with a truck like that also. I think I want a gas truck. The Allison is quite slow in reverse.

I'm not sure any of the rims match. Maybe opposite corners match. LOL

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  9. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Thats 1 thing I've noticed, it redlines at about 27 or 28 (KM/H).

10. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I am not trying to hijack the thread but when we plowed HOA's with a millio cul-de-sacs the dark windows were a pain in the a&%, but mine were limo. I now have 35% on them & it is not bad at all.

11. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

same here...on the truck that has power windows it wasn't too bad but on the crank window..what pain sliding over to roll it down when you couldn't see..... won't tint them again

12. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I've never plowed WITHOUT tinted windows... Mine are (were) 20% and I just added additional backup lights and could see fine... The drivers side peeled off yesterday after three years. Curtis joystick sits in the window frame and i guess it rubbed a little too much...

Anyway... THAT TRUCK IS SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm actually looking for an 06 reg cab duramax/allison myself... Just can't take TOO much of a beating on my trade in...

13. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

I really like your truck.

Is the edge on your wings a little low? Looks like it's leaving a trail.

14. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice truck

Great Pics

15. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

yeah I am normally not the type of person to pick things like that out, But I don't know why that poped out to me

16. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck and pics!

17. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking truck. I have the one black rim going on.....front drivers side, i think it looks pretty badasss

18. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Absolutely love the truck! My plans are for an 06-07 2500HD D-max EC-SB, same color as yours....however, that truck looks awesome with a reg cab!

19. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Thanks for the comments, the edge on the wings are a tad lower than the plows cutting edge at the moment. New wings, couple year old blade however they are wearing it real nice and often you can't notice a trail once done a lot.

The tint is also something new this year, I have some nice rear lights that have dual bulbs in each so they make a huge difference. When plowing I often run with my window open however without the rear facing lights it's a little harder to see.

The steel wheel, long story short, damaged the other teflon coated wheel so tossed that on ontill the new year when I can order a replacement. 3 of the 4 wheels are teflon coated american racing wheels.

Unfortunatly no video yet to post, I did take some vid and will check it out in the next day or so, I need to make a mount on the dash for the camera. xysport