1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Couple quick questions

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by gamberbull13, Jan 18, 2010.

1. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

i have a 06 chevy 2500hd crew long box (8.1/ allison trans) . found a good deal on a c8.5 and was wonderin how heavy it would be on the front of truck, i currently push a cp7.5 and have a 2 yd salt box with no issues on the front. also was lookin at the lot pro blade but heard it was really heavy too.feedback? Last on my angle cylinder is leaking at the shaft(no pitting on ram) can i just replace the seal or should i buy new rams) thanks And dont be hatin on all our meyers plows, the red guys are just mad cause there is more of us out there

2. Booman70

Booman70 Senior Member

I have a 8.5' diamond weighs about 850# I think your okay. I would just replace the seals in the angle cylinder.

3. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

CP-7.5 moldboard (09245) weighs 371lbs , C-8.5 moldboard (09983) weighs 346lbs

You will be fine.:D

As far as the ram in concerned , replace the packing if there is no pitting on the ram itself and it should seal fine.

TOM

4. gamberbull13

go figure the 8.5 steel is lighter than my little poly oh and i emailed you nasty

5. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

FWIW , C-8.5 weighs 846lbs complete and the CP-7.5 weighs 871lbs complete .

My CP-9 weighs 960lbs , guess I won't tell my truck :laughing:

TOM

6. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Common misconception by many people that Poly is lighter than an equivilent steel blade :rolleyes:

TOM

7. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

I have a 2007 GMC Sierra with the 8.1 and I have a Western MVP on the front and it weighs 847# so you should be fine.

8. gamberbull13

thanks what about feedback on the lot pro yet does it really scrape better and all theat jazz or would it be a waste of money for me, and just buy this 8.5. the 8.5 is only a year old and i get an e57 and full classic mount w/wiring for $2500