1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Couple questions

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Oct 27, 2008.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, Just got a new wiring harness with my new to me plow I bought from another member on here. I put the harness on my 95 chevy short box, and I think I have the headlight adapters on backwards cause I don't have headlights on the truck or plow. Also wondering if with the new harness having the wiring in it for making the high and low beams on at the same time will work with a plow made in 04? Or really and newer style plow with a 4 bulb head light system made by boss? Everything else works. I have running lights and also turn signals, just no headlights. Really I should know how to fix it but its getting late, and I am sick of working on it, so just thought I would ask here. Thanks guys.

Ryan

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You need them on the "A" side Ryan.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

yeah I had one of the "B" sides hooked up on the drives side. Also Does anyone know if boss makes s kit that will go onto the older style 13 pin harnesses to when you have the high beams are on it will allow all 4 lights to be on? I really like that feature on the newer harnesses and would like to do it on my 04 with my vee.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Have to like those simple fixes. A bit of a bummer when their self induced though. :cry:

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Is there anyway I can make my 13 pin harness in my diesel for my vee plow like the new harnesses where they have the 5th relay and the other terminal that goes onto the battery so all 4 headlights are on when the high beams are on?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

On your '03 or '04? Or on your '95?

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

on my 04. Either way all the trucks have the same 13 pin harness except the 95. that has the newest harness on it. The one on my 04 was new last fall and the one on the 03 was new last winter.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The reason I asked about the trucks is because with a 60 cent diode, 5 minutes of time, and a simple diagram, I can show you how to make the low's stay on with the hi's...not only the plow, but the truck also.

Makes it really nice as it adds a great amount of light output whether the plow is on or not. Won't damage anything or add any extra load to the wiring. This only applies to your '03 and '04. Won't work on the '95.

Shoot me an email address if your interested.

9. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

is this doable on a 2000 ford f-350 as well with boss rt3 v plow?

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It can be done on any 13 pin Boss as far as the plow lights themselves go... But on the '03-up GM's you can do the simple mod on the truck so that it works both the truck and plow lights.

11. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

-

I have done this as well on my '92 Chevy, and it's great. and like B&B says, it doubles your light output on both the truck & plow. But you can only do this with twin-bulb truck headlights (quads),... if you have both Hi & Lo beam filaments in one bulb, you'll burn it up right away. I also did it on my 1990 truck, but I have to unhook it (the relay) when the Blizzard plow is on, because the Blizzard lights would burn out, since both Hi & Lo beam are in the same light.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  12. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

13. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Hey Will, I can't get that page to come up. I'm not a member on that site.

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I can send you my diagram for the "all on" truck light mod if it's a problem Ryan. :salute:

15. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

B&B, would it be possible to keep the low and high beams on at the same time on an OBS truck like mine?(no plow).

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It is, but it's not as as installing a diode as in the later trucks.

You know Painless Performance makes a kit for the 88-98 trucks to do just that correct? Painless Performance

It not only keeps the lows on with the hi beams, it also runs full alternator current directly to the lights...which makes them brighter to boot. Although I build my own, for guys that are not very wiring savvy the Painless kit is money well spent.

17. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Here ya go Ryan. I'll go ahead and post the pic and write up here so if other members would like to do it they can.

18. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Sounds like just what I need. I couldnt get the painless website to work, however I looked on summit racing.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=PRF-30802&N=700+115&autoview=sku

I assume this is the kit you are talking about?

Thanks.

19. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You got it. P/n 30802. :salute:

20. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Okay, so I bought the little diods and I am wondering if it matter which pin or prong I hook them too when I am hooking these things up?