1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

couple questions looking at a boss

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Bowtytek, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Bowtytek

Bowtytek Member
    from Maine

what is the difference between smart hitch 1&2? how do you tell the difference?

what is the difference between smart touch 1&2? how do you tell which one you have?

how do you tell if you have smart locks already on the plow?

I am looking at possibly buying a boss plow for next year used and looking around seems boss has upgraded a few systems and just wondering what i am looking at. :dizzy: Have learned what the difference of rt2 and rt3 are, just can't find the info above.

thanks for all your help. :salute:

2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=59469

Just above your post is a red boss logo, click on that and it will take you to Boss and show you what most of those ?'s look like. Also if you catch B&B on here, he can answer about any boss ? you have.

Good luck:salute:

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

SH1 (or even non SH equipped RT3) will have attaching pins that you have to manually twist to attach/detach the plow. SH 2 will have spring loaded "lock levers" that you flip in order to pre load the pins to automatically snap the pins in place as soon as the light tower is aligned with the mount. If you simply look at the pin style you call tell the difference...

The pic on the left is a SH1 equipped plow. The right pic is the SH2, you can see the lock pin levers that you flip to ready the pins for engagement that the SH1 doesn't have.

The Smart Locks will have a white part # decal instead of the standard red colored decal. In addition the SL's will have a black corrosion coating on the rams instead of the chrome that a standard cylinder would use.

db26_1.jpg

misc 003 (Medium).jpg

4. Indy

Indy Senior Member

catch B&B on here, he can answer about any boss ? you have

Told ya!:salute:

5. Bowtytek

Bowtytek Member
    from Maine

I know Indy that B&B is a wealth of knowledge, just didn't know it was on Boss plows as well. I maybe new to this site, but anyone can see that the likes of B&B, Grandview, 06Boss, Jerre, and even you Indy are a wealth of knowledge. wesport

Thanks for the replies and it makes what I am seeing make sense. Still trying to figure out what smarttouch 2 is? Did it just add more features to the controllers? And how would I know if what I am looking at has it.

Keep passing the torches on guys!!! Here's to ya all :drinkup::drinkup:

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The ST2 will have the express up/down feature where you tap the raise/lower button twice the plow will go either all the way up, or all the way down on its own.

Not a necessity IMO.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I had forgotten how clean it looks when it was new!

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Or washed? :D

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well that too. The dirt is a secondly to FF to keep it protected.