1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Couple questions about new plow help!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnkid, Dec 4, 2003.

1. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Hey everyone, I helped my boss put on a new 7 1/2' Curtis plow the other day on his 1998 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4. The reason I posted was because we have a couple problems that we need help fixing. First of all, he truck frame sags to low. It is about 6" off the ground. He has about maybe 200 pounds of tools in the back for weight and it still sags. I wanted to tell hiimm to add some timbrens but I didn't know how much they'd help out with lifting the frame up higher. SO if you guys could give me some suggestions as to what we can do tha'd be great. Second problem is that whenever he drops the plow to the ground, it like slams into the pavement and obviously it shouldn't be doing this so is there anything we can do to help it not slam so hard when lowering the plow. Thanks again all. Supposed to get some snow tonight. Wish us luck.

2. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

As far as the frame sitting so low you could crank your torsion bars as much as you can. That will only give you 1" at best. Other than that, Timbrens. The plow slaming the ground is pretty normal. There is usually some slight resistance but it will still hit hard.

3. ilhmt

ilhmt Member

You might try adding even more balast in the back. Other than that you could try Timbrens or go to a heavier spring in the front.

I don't know about Curtis plows but my Western has an adjuster screw on it that allows you to control the drop speed. Look in the owners manual and see if it addresses that problem.

4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Lawnkid,
    if you crank your torsion bars all the way up like Boulder said, not only is the truck going to ride like a tank, it's going to throw it out of alignment too. Timbrens would be my suggestion. As far as the drop speed goes, it should have an adjustable valve on it that controls the speed like Ilhmt said. Good luck.:waving:

5. 03SuperCrew330

03SuperCrew330 Member

This is an old thread but its all I could find in a search!

IS THERE ANY DROP SPEED CONTROL ON A CURTIS SNOWPRO 3000?

I can't find anything in the owners manual, tech guide or online!

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike