1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

couple questions about a restoration of Unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Gear_Head, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

I have been everywhere on this site, feels like I have read every thread. A few things I am curious about. I have found Rusty Metal paint in the Sunrise red paint cans, but I need it in a spray can for the lift motor. Any ideas on some place that would have that?

The stickers on the lift motor, can I still get those? Mine have seen better days. I have found the kits for the blade already, but that seems to be all I can find.
  2. two_superdutys

two_superdutys Junior Member

I just picked up spray cans at The Home Depot.
  3. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

menards has them too. I keep a couple of cans of the red and some flat black in the garage cabinet for touch ups.
  4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

i sell western red in a rattle can. what motor sticker do you need?
  5. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

I found the paint, thanks though. the only thing I am looking for now is the stickers that go on the pump. I was gonna replace them to give the plow restore the final touches. I am considering having a local sticker shop make some up that look similar.