1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Couple pics of me plowing the runway

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by nickv13412, Jan 23, 2009.

1. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Guy who does the local airport my dad keeps his plane at didnt show up last storm, so i did the runway in case of any emergency. Enjoy!

2. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

didnt know there was a strip down there is it all grass?
  3. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

nope its asphalt...Ellington, CT...7B9, 1800 ft. runway, small little place but its where my dad calls home for his plane :)
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

That looks like so much fun. I'd love to do that with about 4" of powder
  5. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Thats exactly what it was, 4-5" of light powder, the new deflector i made worked great, was makin 30-35 MPH passes at some points and I could see fine, definitely glad i fabbed one up.

It was definitely fun! :D
  6. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

you didn't go that fast for long did you?....blow back on the windshield is a b*tch.....

i can't plow fresh powder above 20MPH....it only gets worse if i am the last truck in a plow train
  7. Tacr2man

Tacr2man Member
    from England

I take it there is/was no runway lighting ? as using a highway type plow usually results in a lot of damage. payup:cry:

I usually go about 20-25 but your deflector obviously helps then , I have been thinking about similar , new enthusiasm now to do something about it :cool:
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  8. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

is that the one called skylark or the one with the Robinson helicopter school?
  9. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Blow back wasnt a problem with the deflector installed...was able to hold a constant 25-30MPH, got up to 35 at some points.

The deflector definitely works great, Cheap and easy too! Runway lights are on each side of the runway, about 10 lights per side

Like i said, its a tiny place :)

The one with the Robinson helicopter school...Ellington Airport..7B9

Thanks guys :salute: - Nick
  10. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

runways are the best. alota fun to plow.
  11. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

cool pics Nick!
  12. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

That looks awesome! I really like your truck too!
  13. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

looks like fun
  14. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I'd love to plow that. Snow flying everywhere, just make sure your windows are closed!
  15. Steve'sZr2

Steve'sZr2 Member

not Northeast Helicopters flight school? Robinson must be the old name. I was recently up there looking to be career pilot ($$ :dizzy: ) . Its nice a little strip. lol

How long did it take you? To bad you didn't get any video, but the pictures sure did come out nice :nod:
  16. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Yeah its called Northeast Helicopters, I figured he was just referring to the R22s they use for training. It didnt take too long, maybe 10 Minutes or so to do the runway

Thanks for the compliments guys! - Nick
  17. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

looks good
    how'd it feel to go 35?
    deflectors make life so much easier and heated wipers even more
  18. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

It was pretty sweet movin at 35 haha
    Im so glad i made the deflector, dont have heated wipers though, but the Bosch Ikons work pretty damn well:drinkup:
  19. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

yea i had those before
    but the heated wipers are awesome anything that does get up there just melts right off
    best 100 ive spent
  20. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Ive been pondering a set, they would definitely make life easier, i may try a set next winter since its 50-60 bucks for a good set of normal ones anyway. i think theyd be worth it, for 100 bucks i hope so hahaha