1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Couple of Unimount install ?'s

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by PWRSTRKE, Jan 24, 2010.

1. PWRSTRKE

PWRSTRKE Junior Member

Ok...finally got around to putting the frame on the truck, however I have a couple of questions....

1.)how the heck do I bolt the extension arms(arms that come back and have 3 holes to mount to side of frame and holes underneath)
    2.)why do 2 of the bolt holes on the bottom of extension arms line up with frame and 2 have nothing?
    3.)how am I supposed to drill the 2 holes that line up with bottom of frame( springs in the way)
    4.)why does this mount seem so much lower then the one on my 96?

Last pic is of the 96 frame...and dont mind my dogs tail! any help would be greatly appreciated!

unimount diesel 2.jpg

unimount diesel.jpg

unimount diesel 3.jpg

unimount gas 1.jpg

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Mount should measure "9.5 to "10.5 from the ground to the center of the large pin lug on the mount. Did you seperate all of the mount before install or did you try and install it with the upper and lower portion of the mount bolted together?

3. PWRSTRKE

PWRSTRKE Junior Member

unfortunatly...the frame is completely welded together...bought used...I do have just 9.5"...However I also have 33's on it so it will be slightly lower with stock tires.

Any ideas on how to get that side arm to bolt to the frame? My mig is looking like a better and better option as time goes on.

4. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

See resonse #1 in the post above yours , weld some rods to the heads of 4pcs of 1/2" X 1-1/4" long bolts and feed them through the front of the frame into the holes .

If the other bolt holes you are talking about are the ones on the underside of the same bracket , 4 are drilled in the bracket and only two are drilled in the frame, these are the only ones used . Only ones I have seen not drilled in the truck frame were on some F-450/550's , not sure why , most were driled , only a few were not :confused:

TOM

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  5. PWRSTRKE

PWRSTRKE Junior Member

oops sorry didn't realize he had responded in copying my text my bad. I have the bolts with rod welded to them...what do you do with welded on rod when done? just leave it? I will have to take a picture of underneath the frame...I realize there is only 2 possible holes to be drilled on the bottom side of the frame of the truck...but my leaf spring is directly in the way of one on each side? I will take a pic and show ya guys tommorow. Thanks for all of the help!

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Just leave the rod in the frame.

I know what holes your talking about now, only have to get 2 of the holes, dont need to drill the ones that the springs are blocking, those were for the 450/550's. Just need to get the ones that line up with the plate that is to the inside of the frame rail.

7. PWRSTRKE

PWRSTRKE Junior Member

:dizzy:and after that last response I believe I may be missing a part.