1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Couple of small upgrades to the tractor

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Feb 1, 2012.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

So here are a few pics to show the modification to the 3pt lift lever. The m100 series kubotas have the nice little thumb slider, so we extended our kiotis lever so we dont have to bend over and down to reach it. On a route of about 115 driveways, thats alot of cycling through up and down. We will paint it and make it nice later. And the pic of the swivel plate installed. We had to modify the fitment as most of the mount holes didnt line up with the existing ones, and there was a clearance issue under the floor plate. We just have to grind off a small area to get it to sit flush in the spring, but for now it works and will save some neck/shoulder pain.

and a pic of my eye after an opthomologist had to pull out a sliver of metal. While we often wear safety glasses it takes an instant for mistakes to happen. I came into the garage where my brother and dad were changing a u-joint off one of our trucks and they were hammering on something, i was behind them for 5 seconds and felt something hit my eye, it dazed me so bad that i almost fell over. It didnt hurt but it gave me a headache and I could tell something was in there after I wiped the blood off. 6hrs in the er, 5.5 of which were just waiting, and they sent me home after putting in some drops and an iv of antibiotics. they sent me to an opthamologist to get it out as it was under the white part of my eye and the er didnt want to touch it. The opthamologist had to scrape it up with a needle and pull it out with tweezers which was a very strange sensation on your eye. it just missed my iris by a little bit. Shite happens fellas, what can you do...
  2. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Good job on the lever extension. That's thinkin with your dipstick.

So how does the trans operate then? I take it you figured it out?

3. PTSolutions

yep, we clutch between forward and reverse, its actually not that bad since the clutch isnt too heavy of a push. the tractor stays in high gear pretty much all the time, so this way we only shift between gears 1-4 while roading it. 1st gear high is still slow enough to get the revs to the desired point to get the blower to function well and 4th gear high gets us to 21mph road speed. you really notice a difference in efficiency when we had to go back to using a truck while we waited for a new rear window glass to come in. still considering getting an m100/110x next season and putting the kioti on parking lot duty. credit goes to my dad for the extension, hes the one that operating the thing mostly, i just used it twice so far this season as being in law school is a time constraint lol
  4. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

My eye looks like that right now too. And I was wearing safety glasses! Good looking mod. hope that eye gets better quick!
  5. PTSolutions

its fine now, just a bit sore from them digging in it, there was no sight impairment which i am thankful for, have 13/20 vision and happy to maintain it!
  6. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I still can't believe you clutch between F&R... Do you also clutch between gear shifts
  7. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

i always wear glasses at work and i still get shot in my eyes all the time i dont get it its one of the worst feelings
  8. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

No kidding. After the first time it happened years ago, I always wear safety glasses. My little sliver came out on it own overnight, but I must have scratched my eye or something. Been killin me first thing in the morning.
    Glad to hear that you're recovering, ProTouch.
  9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looks good man I did that to my eye senior year of high school me and my dad were working on a bumper for my tractor and I got something in there, it was hardly visible and we didnt think there was anything in it finally after 2 days of dang near crying my eyes out I had to go to an eye surgeon and they had to dig it out with a needle-not fun! Your eyes are not something you want to mess up!
  10. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

I went and priced out a DK90 a few weeks ago, nice machines. How do you like yours so far? Any new pics?
  11. PTSolutions

backblade finally came in and mounted it up today:

12. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

That rear blade looks good. Just looking at the different blowers, the Shoule really seems heavy duty.
  13. PTSolutions

its hefty too, had to add the 904lbs of front case weights to keep the front end down while roading and starting off.
  14. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I am glad you finally got it, I know you had to wait way to long to get it. I like the shovel, did you have had to use it to unblock your chute yet?
  15. Neige

Neige Sponsor

He has no choice but to clutch between gear shifts. It is not necessary to clutch between forward and reverse when moving slowly. Its very hard for operators to get used to not clutching from forward to reverse. I will go and film tomorrow an M9000 and demonstrate not needing to clutch.
  16. PTSolutions

thanks neige, yep did have to use the shovel couple times, forgot to rev it up before turning the pto on when we had to drag out some heavy wet snow, most of the time pto is on when the blower drops
  17. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

I believe you modified your cutting edge late fall. Any comments. We still are using the Shoule as delivered last year.
  18. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

From the looks of that bracket in the second pic there is nothing to hold the blade from swinging down when you lift it off the ground. The top of the mount looks like it would slide right out of that yoke. What keeps it attached?
  19. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

Thanks for the eye story - thank God your vision is still great. Its good for me and especially my employees to hear stories like yours.
  20. 518Landscapes

518Landscapes Member

ouch looks like that hurt, glade to see your OK. I to wear safety glasses all the time, one time I was grinding and a piece of metal flew right under my glasses and in my eye, I got it out luckily what a PITA. Since then I got a full face shield with a tinted flip down half shield for cutting w/torch. love it no more sh** hitting me in the face etc...........if your a fabricator you know what i mean.