1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Couple of questions

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dheavychevy38, Aug 30, 2009.

1. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 Senior Member

1. If a utra mount has a hand held controller can you just unplug it and plug in a mounted box controller ?

2. I am looking in to getting a 03 chevy 2500hd with a ultra mount that is the older style pro plus. If i wanted to could i purchase a newer pro plus that wester offers wings for and just put it on or will the wiring be different ?

Thanks in advance Denny.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No issues there Denny, it's simply a plug and play. No changes needed.

No issues here either. The wiring won't be affected between the straight blades. It's only if you're changing to a vee or wide-out would you need to address wiring changes then needed.

3. dheavychevy38

Dang that was fast thanks. Ya both the blades are straight blades.

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Not so fast. The early ultramounts where a two wire connector setup. The newer ones are all three wire setups for the straight blades. Better check this out?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The first Ultra's were but it affected so few of the Pro Plus's it's not worth even mentioning.

6. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

if your looking to just use the joystick would you be willing to trade the handheld for a joystick (if you don't already have a joystick)? Or would you be willing to sell the handheld controller? Just thought i'd ask. thanks

7. dheavychevy38

The old one looks to be wired like the uni mounts with 2 wires and then the seperate plug with it think 9 but haven't counted yet. If I do buy this truck I already have 2 extra joysticks and would just through one of them in there. Where you located ? I should know buy the end of the week if i am getting it or not.

8. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

DHEAVYCHEVY38, what town are you near? What company do you represent? hey, have a nice day,PT.

9. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

i'm located by peoria. Ok thanks if you do get the truck and are interested in selling the handheld just shoot me a pm and let me know what you want for it. thanks