1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Couple of questions...

Discussion in 'SnowSport®' started by blades, Feb 15, 2004.

1. blades

blades Junior Member

Hey, that unit looks pretty sweet! Looks like it would be just right for my application.

Does it have any built-in protection feature to protect the plow if it snags on something?

Pricing? If you don't care to reply with price on the forum, please e-mail me: xsr76a@yahoo.com

2. snowsportstaff

snowsportstaff Sponsor

snowsport questions

In regards to your question of a built in feature to protect the plow if it snags? The 1" rubber cutting edge at the bottom of the blade serves that purpose. The cutting edge is 1" x 5-1/2".

As far as the price of the SnowSport the cost is $1295.00 plus freight (this would have to go by freight truck).
  3. blades

blades Junior Member

It occured to me that I probably can't use one anyway, because the area I plow requires about 50% backdragging. Would be nice if the plow were reversable on the bracket so that you could do your backdragging first, then turn it around for standard plowing.
  4. snowsportstaff

snowsportstaff Sponsor

That is the one thing the SnowSport cannot do is -- backdrag snow because the blade is designed to release when backing up.
  5. blades

blades Junior Member

A bit of creative bracket (re)design work could possibly make the Snowsport much more versatile with regards to being able to backdrag with it.
  6. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

:eek: very interesting. It's a personal plow, right?
  7. snowsportstaff

snowsportstaff Sponsor

This is called the SnowSport Personal Utility Snow Plow - however parking lots can be plowed with the SnowSport also. The SnowSport is not intended for Commercial plowing.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2004
  8. thumbs

thumbs Junior Member
    from SE Pa.

I may be moveing to a place where the paved driveway is pretty long. Right now the other two neighbors and myself will be shareing the expense of haveing the drive plowed. This ain't cheap.

I am concerned about the use of the 2" reciever to take the stress of plowing. I don't intend to do any other plowing but our drive but like I said it is long. Total length may be 1/4 mile. We live in south east Pa. and do get some pretty good snows. How have you found the reciever hitch mount to hold up. I know the stock answer is fine but over the long haul does it need to be reenforced? I am probably going to have to makeup the hitch so I can beef it up if needed. I believe you make a pro hitch. Is it wise to beef it up? I don't mind haveing to plow more than once but in general what kinda depth are we talking about both wet and dry snow?

9. snowsportstaff

snowsportstaff Sponsor

The length of your driveway or plowing situation will not affect the performances of your SnowSport. I think your biggest issue will be where to pile the snow. The SnowSport has an angle option available to provide you with left, center, and right discharge positions; this will help in placement of your snow pile or piles. The SnowSport blade is reinforced extruded aluminum and weights only 110lbs, and has incredible durability. In almost any case the vehicle will loose traction before damage is applied to the plow. Note: The recommended speed for plowing the snow is 10mph.

The stock components are all you need. If any parts need replacing, we offer affordable replacement parts. The receiver need to meet the requirements of a Class III 2” square receiver hitch. We offer a wide variety of models. Please contact our toll free Customer Service line at 800-233-4655 to see if we have one to fit your vehicle.

Note: Any altering or reinforcements made to the manufactures components will void the products warranty.

The blade is designed to move snow up and forward increasing the capacity of snow you can move. In either case up to 12 inches of both dry and wet snow can easily be moved with the SnowSport. In situations of more that 12” we recommend taking a ½ blade width of snow due to the amount of material to move. This will make you more efficient in moving large amounts and decrease the number of passes you need to make. This can be applied to amounts less than 12” as well.

I would encourage you to see the plow in actions on our web site at www.mysnowsport.com there is an on-line video you can view.

Thank you for your interest in the SnowSport Personal Utility Snow Plow.

Roxie Nitschke
    Agri-Cover, Inc.