1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Couple Of questions w/pics

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by lodogg89, Nov 21, 2006.

1. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

I have a couple of questions regarding my plow. Here are a couple of pics to help explain.

First Im wondering, where this should be at, do i need to pull that little pin and get it to drop down, or is it right how it is?
    [​IMG]

Next does this hookup look right on the backplate here.

[​IMG]

Also here is my pump i think everything is put together right. Im gonna change out the fluid, i was planning on unhooking one of the off the hydro arms and letting the fluid run out, then do i just fill it back up to the top of the resevoir again??

[​IMG]

2. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

First Pic.

For the first pic. that you have in there, I have been told it's for when your plow is not aligned straight w/ the frame on the truck. Your supposed to drop if down by pulling that small pin. Then activate the power hitch to pull it in. Once it is pulled in, you have to let the tension off of the power hitch arm so that you can lock the "A" frame latch back into position (How it looks in the pic. you submitted). Then when that is completed, you activate the power hitch as if you were just hooking the plow up, and once it lines the holes up w/ the frame you stop and put the two pins in. If you read the directions on the back of the plow on hooking it up, blizzard doesn't have anything in regards to tightening up the power hitch after loosening it up to get the "A" frame latch up. The way I explained it is the way my dealer said how to do it. If I'm wrong, then someone else can correct me on it.

3. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

A frame latch

I maybe have used that thing once when I first bought the plow. Just leave it up.

4. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

Keep power hitch up tight or not???

Good question.

Should you re-tighten the power hitch up against the frame after flipping the pull back mechanism back up????? As was pointed out, the instructions on the back of the plow do not mention "retightening" the power hitch against the frame, but rather to simply raise plow with inside comtrols.

Hmmmmm....................................

Ed, Boston

5. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

I am at a loss as anyone on this powerframe thing. In the couple times I hooked up to it so far, I just drove in. Seems like the power thing is more of a pain then anything.

I must be missing something.

6. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I always drive in on mine and set it that way then power hitch it up and go. It's easy enough to get it right on.

7. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

question still not answered?????!!!!!

Should we be powering the power hitch back in before raising it with the inside contols?????????

8. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Ed,
    I am not 100% sure but the power bar should be drawn up tight when plowing.

Or are you asking if you can move the plow to help get it aligned, thus leaving the bar down?

Chris

9. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

The way I understood it from my dealer. After raising the "A" frame latch, then you "tighten up"; so to speak, the power hitch. I take that you tighten it up so that the pin holes match up. I have to call my dealer about the finger on the power hitch. It's curling up before the arm comes up. I'm pretty sure I am looking at the right torque spec. in my manual for the size bolt and grade that it is. Just don't have a torque wrench that goes that high that the manual requires, and also, that seems like a lot of torque for that piece. I'll try to remember and ask again about the question-at-hand here in this post.

10. Budsoda

Budsoda Junior Member

If anyone would know its Jerre Heyer he is the Blizzard Wizzard in my book. I don't think you will fine anyone smarter then Jerre when it come to snow plows..jerre@jerres.com

Just my opinion

11. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

The bolt on the back pivot piece is too loose. Un hook the plow, back away and take a couple of wrenches and tighten it so that it does not curl forward untill the lift arm hits the push beam.

Latch up to operate, down to pull the plow into the truck.

You don't have to lift the arm back up before getting back into the truck.

Jerre

12. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

Jerre - Power hitch contact question, up tight against bar or not

Hi Jerre ,

Appreciate your clearing this up for us. Just want to make sure I am straight on this.
    Once you've lowered the draw arm and power drawn the plow in tight for hook up to truck,

-you then insert your pins & cotter pins,
    -lower the power hitch claw, (as directions say, relieving tension on the fold down draw arm)
    -raise the fold down draw arm back into original position,
    -and then do not re-activate power hitch claw, leaving the power hitch/claw without contacting the bar

Then, get into vehicle, switch power on to controls, and raise plow with controls, & done.
    Ready to plow.

Is that the proper procedure? Basically, power hitch claw does not need to be in contact with bar under truck once plow is hooked up?????

Thanks Jerre.

Ed