1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

couple of questions that I have?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by tom_khollman, Nov 17, 2009.

1. tom_khollman

tom_khollman Junior Member

I will be repoing a couple of Boss plows and I have a couple of questions.

1. I have a new v-xt plow on my 01 duramax, can I hook up to a RT3 straight blade plow? will everything work good all functions?

2. can I hook up and operate a older 7.5' rt2 vblade? I know that I have to change the center mount on the truck but will all the wiring work for everything to work? I know it doesnt have a smarthitch or anything its an older plow, I already have the center bracket that I need to install on my truck just want to make sure the wiring will be good to use, I plan on keeping these two plows for back ups and I dont want to change the wiring.

Thanks in advance for any help. This is hands down the best site out there for info! Tom

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

1) You can connect to and operate ANY RT3 Boss out there with your setup regardless of straight or vee, 11 or 13 pin.

2) And if you can get it attached (by swapping the pushbeam as you mentioned) you can operate any RT2 straight or vee also.

3. tom_khollman

thanks for the info, Tom

4. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

but a v plow will only work with a 13 pin correct? from my understanding any how.

5. tom_khollman

I dont know how many pins it has it is a older one 7'6" with the rt2 attachment, i was hoping that i could just change my center brace and hook it up and use it. I think the other 2 pins in the 13 pin is for the smart hitch button on the side of the plow brace, all the other pins run the plow i think, well i hope.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Like I said, ANY Boss plow will function with a 13 pin truck side.

7. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

ya i know that bit i wasnt sure. i know that it takes 13 pin to run a v plow. i didnt know if there was a 11 pin v plow or not?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There's 11 and 13 pin vee's, there's 11 and 13 pin straight blades. It's all in it's age and whether it's Smart Hitch 1, Smart Hitch 2...or no Smart Hitch at all.