1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Couple of Basic Mounting Questions

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Dan85, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

I'm hoping someone can help me with two quick (stupid) questions regarding the mounting of 810pp and 8611pp.

When you are mounting the plow to the frame on the truck, you move the A-frame latch over the draw pin, this allows the power hitch arm to pull the plow onto the truck. The next step requires you to "lower the power hitch arm to relieve tension on A-frame latch. Raise A-Frame latch and lock into position with lock pin. Raise plow"

My question is, how far do you generally have to lower the arm? Also, do you put the power hitch arm back up after taking the tension off the latch and locking it up? My concern is that I'm possibly leaving the arm too low - which will result in a bad grip on the push beam?

Also, one of the plow to truck connectorions will not connect all the way - there is about an 1/8" to 1/4" gap between the two plugs. Both sides appear clean, have no broken pieces, but the plow operates fine - we just can't get it to go in any further. Is it ok to operate the plow with this space between the plugs? Any thoughts on what's causing this?

Thanks Guys

- Dan

2. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

I myself don't understand the latch bar. I just pull into the plow flip the switch by the motor to raise the plow off the ground, raise the stand and put the pins in and I'm done. Seems to work, unless by doing it that way I am hurting something. On your connectors make sure all the pins are straight. I usually zip tie mine together.

3. medic3720

medic3720 Junior Member

As far as your connector, make sure your pins are straight, then apply some dielectric grease to the connector, it will slide together easier.
    Jerry

4. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Thanks guys, I will have to double check the pins tomorrow. I do have zip ties around the plug, but apparently they still had problems with the plow.

For what it's worth, I had to go out last night and about 20 minutes in, my plow wouldn't raise at all. The pump just whined like it was already up. I checked all the wires, shut the power off, restarted the controller - nothing. Sat there for a second, then it hit me - check the A-Frame latch. Sure enough, the A frame latch had popped off and attached itself to the draw pin, so the plow was trying to pull itself onto the truck instead of up. Thankfully an easy fix!

- Dan