1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Couple E-60H questions

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by brandon.edwards, Dec 31, 2012.

1. brandon.edwards

brandon.edwards Member

First off, when i am plowing, my hydraulics like to bog down and run slower than i know they are supposed to run. I thought it maybe water in the fluid, so i changed it. Found NO water in the fluid, so i replaced and cleaned ONE filter. Found out later that there is another filter on it. I cleaned the one that is on the front of the motor next to the nut that adjusts the drop speed. Anyone tell me where the second filter is?

Also, the plow still slows down sometimes and every once in awhile it goes its normal speed.
    Could this be dirt and muck on the inside of the motor? Ive heard i need to take the motor apart and give it a good cleaning, but also heard that there is a Meyer product that i can run through it to clean out the motor. :dizzy:

2. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

The second filter is on the back of the plow motor, right behind where the front one is. Meyer has a product called Hydra Flush I believe. You can run that through the system to clean it out.

3. brandon.edwards

brandon.edwards Member

Right on. Ill have to look for that stuff. Thanks for the info!

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Buy a seal kit, strip the tank and clean the sump. Remove the clogged sump filter and DO NOT REPLACE. Reassemble and refill. I think you will find the problem solvedThumbs Up

5. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

are you saying to get rid of the sump filter all together? does this hold true with a e-47?

6. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

it could also be a bad ground connection

7. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Do not discard the intake screen. CLEAN it. Its a metal screen and can be washed with soap and water.

8. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

There is no intake / sump filter on an e60.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes according to the instructors at the Meyers training school the sump filter causes nothing but trouble. Unless you plan on using grit filled fluid, the pump can handle anything that flows though there and the other filters will catch anything that will harm/restrict the valves.

NEVER introduce soap into a hydraulic system, use a non residue cleaner like CHEAP starting fluid. As for the sump filter ask the instructors next fall at Meyer service school what they recommend you do with that filter. I know what I think you should do with yours.:whistling:

10. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

You want to be sure to rinse it after its clean. :rolleyes:

11. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

There still is no sump filter sock like the e47s have. Only the two accessible without pulling the pump apart.