1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

couple chemical questions

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by MnM, Jan 1, 2007.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

If I switched to liquid how much does a typical set-up run?? and will the liquid rot the truck out like salt does?? how much do you need when applying. Like how long will a 200 gallon last for example??

2. draffinc

draffinc Member

Depends on the type of liquid used.. average cost to get started is around 2-4 grand +'-

3. draffinc

draffinc Member

anti icing....30-50 gallons per acre..
    deicing.....depends on the type of snow and moisture content. could be as little as 18 gallons up to 60 gallons per acre again depending on the moisture content

4. GSE

GSE Senior Member

Personally, I think you're asking for trouble if you switch entirely to liquids. They are a good tool to have in your toolbox, but there are still times when liquids won't work for you.

5. draffinc

draffinc Member

I agree, they are another "tool" and in the right application they are a very useful tool.

6. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Every tool box has bunches of tools, liquid is just one of those :waving: