1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

counter weight

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Alynch, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Alynch

Alynch Junior Member

I'm trying to find out if my 2013 2500 Chev will need counterweight. I have the plow prep package and a 7.5 ft. Boss straight plow. Is there a source out there that I can tap?
  2. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

How heavy is your plow?
  3. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Your truck can hold the plow fine but counter wieght takes stress off the front end parts and gives a much more ballanced ride . The same wieght as your plow placed behind the rear wheeles is perfect.
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Probably bosses website
  5. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Well, I don't know of any vehicle that *needs* it, unless the plow is way oversized for it, but I also don't know of any vehicle for which it doesn't HELP.

I.e., unless it is extremely inconvenient -- such as for a homeowner who only pushes his own driveway and then disconnects the plow, or SUV's that really don't have anywhere to PUT the weight, you only benefit from it.
  6. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm sure the boss site has something on there. I run a 7'6" Fisher and their website says 160lbs of ballast. I realize you're running a different truck/plow combo but the weights ought to be pretty close.
  7. Alynch

Alynch Junior Member

counter weights

The plow weight is 680 lbs.