1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

counter weight... weight??

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by BeemerD, Dec 15, 2007.

1. BeemerD

BeemerD Junior Member

Men, I have a 2007 Dodge RAM 1500 4x4 with a Western steel Midweight plow. The plow, I'm told, is about 500 Lbs. What amount of weight do I need for counterweight? I've assumed that matching the weight of the plow is appropriate (500LBS). Is this reasonable? My half-ton is now maxxed out. On that note, what about suspension upgrades, incorpoaring a lift of at least 3"? Any advise on options and brands for suspension lifts which are appropriate for plowing?
  2. plow time

plow time Junior Member

counter weigth

I have a 96 dodge heavy 1/2 ton i put some helpers in the rear and some rubbers in my coil springs and i havea 71/2 foot meyes and it saggs my front end maybe 11/2 inches and also put 10 ply tires on it works great for me