1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Coulpe pics of my GMC with SnowBear setup....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by pumadude, Apr 14, 2006.

1. pumadude

pumadude Junior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Installation was a breeze. Only took me about 2 1/2 hours & a few cold beers to put her together.

My only plan is headlights for the plow, but the lighting kit that SB offers looks pretty cheesy IMO (and expensive!), so I have a pair of Hella 500's and will fabricate up a lightbar to mount up to the plow.

2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I would look into adding a bit to the cutting edge. It looks like there's not a lot of room until it gets to the moldboard.

3. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

ya looks good ... i love the one i bought 4 yrs ago ... i do a few small commercial lots ... and a few residentials ... works perfect and for the price cant beat it ...

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I wanna say why that plow but if it suits you its all go i guess

5. pumadude

pumadude Junior Member

Thanks for the responces, I don't plan on doing any commercial plowing only my own driveway and my two apartment houses parking lots.

6. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Hey welcome to the world of plowing but i got to agree with some more cutting edge the angle of attack can remove that edge real fast but it looks great. Sounds like you got the right plow for your needs but they do add up quick so a ounce of prevention is worth a ton of pain..:waving:

edge.jpg

Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  7. pumadude

pumadude Junior Member

Ah I understand... ill have to hit the steelhouse and get some 5 x 1/4 flat. Thanks for the advise! I'm pretty excited to start doing my own plowing, I just plan on taking it easy and just practice, practice, practice... luckly I have access to fabrication tools if I break something....LOL...

Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  8. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Great thing you can fab up some stuff that helps on cost. Save the recipt for every thing you got a snow removal company now. I do it for the tax thing. on the 1/4 inch thing you need to go bigger and harder for the wear ......wesport

9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Does that blade block your headlights?

10. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Is that a manual angle?

11. pumadude

pumadude Junior Member

It blocks my main headlights, but I fabircated mounting bars for two Hella 500's driving lights, and extended LED turn signals(not shown in the pic).

Yes, its manual angle, but theres somebody on this forum who has a power angler mod done to their Snowbear, I want to see how it works out this winter with the manual control, but most likly ill be modifying it.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2006
  12. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

I would twist that plow frame like a pretzel in the first storm:)