1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

couldnt resist taking a pic

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 2tonsoffordfun, Dec 20, 2009.

1. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

parked the truck today, with no intentions of taking a pic, but i couldnt resist, i love the stance in this pic.

[​IMG]

2. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

how about wit the plow up

3. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

:jester:sounds like your getting addicted.:nod:

4. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

haha, yea its an addiction.

and as far as how it looks with the plow up- no difference really, timbrens and maxed torsion bars make a big difference there. I'd take a pic right now, but its dark out already, maybe tomorrow?

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Very nice truck. I wish some people would see this truck and pics like it before asking if they can put a plow on their 1/2 ton.....

6. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

thanks, and yes i agree i wish people would do the same. i think ive answered quite a few questons about that with pics of my truck....its not about the truck, its about the operator.

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

How many cranks did you do on the torsion bars? Did you get an alignment and if not any wear on your tires?

8. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

Dunno how many cranks...we just put an impact on them til it looked right, then let the truck down and checked the fenderwell gap on both sides. And yes I got an alignment the day after...I learned in auto tech school that alignments make all the difference in a cars attitude and road manners. It rides like a cloud with and without the plow

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Ya I am not looking into putting a plow on my f150 because I use the f250. But I would like to get rid of the way the front end squats. I didnt go an alignment to my gmc when I did it but I heard the fords are stubborn when you crank the t-bars. Nice looking truck tho man. Trust me and I know a 1/2 ton can hold a plow and push snow lol.

10. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

Thanks man, I think you'll find that the torsion bar adjustment will make a big difference on looks and ride quality. I personally think my truck rides better with the mods up front and the add a leaf in the back. The only thing I miss is the easier steering with the small tires. But I didn't even notice that til I drove a stock one after I put the 285s on.

11. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Looks good.
    Did the same on my F-150 supercrew.Handles the western great with the bars up a
    couple turns.
    The fords are easier to get closer to alignment spec then the GM's i have found
    when cranking up the t-bars.