1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

couldnt help myself

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by c.t. lawn care, Oct 5, 2003.

1. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

Man... i got it bad!!! :nod:

plow20001.jpg

2. c.t. lawn care

3. c.t. lawn care

4. c.t. lawn care

last.. took it for a drive down the street about 3/4 of a mile and the darn thing is over heating granted it is 56 degrees out side but i just put a new fan clutch in and new seals for the anti-freez.. help!!!

plow20004.jpg

5. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Ct- overheating is usually lack of circulation of either coolant of air. If you leave your truck idle, does it overheat? If it does, look at coolant level, thermostat and radiator cap. (assuming hoses not leaking etc) If it only overheats when driving with the plow on, then look at fan clutch and how high you bring the plow for transport. Keep it low enough to let air over the top and not bang the ground too much. Try angling the plow in transport too. Good luck with that nice baby Jimmy.:)

6. c.t. lawn care

yea it only over heats when transporting... when i sit at a stop light it cools back down.. i was just wondering if there was a way i could transport it without having it so low to the ground

7. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I had a problem with my dodge over heating when transporting I found that keeping the plow angled and low helps allow air in and keep it cool. Some say that a rubber deflector helps also.
    Maybe try adding a lower temperature thermostat?? That will keep the temperatures down too.
    Hope that helps
    Eric

8. Santo

Santo Banned

Cute little chevy.

9. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

I love my diesel. I transported my plow 50 miles at freeway speeds when it was 84 degrees out. Transmission and Coolant stayed within the normal temperature range. :D I was watching the guages like a hawk... It wasn't my ideal time to move it, but an opportunity presented itself and I thought "What the hell, I have guages."

10. c.t. lawn care

ok so where can i get a diesel engine for my truck lol :D

11. wyldman

wyldman Member

Geez,when I saw the pics I swear you stole my truck.We have the EXACT same S10.Same colour,rims,etc,etc.Even has a Snoway on it.

12. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Assuming you have a nice big FAT wallet with lots of GREEN payup in it, you might talk to "WYLDMAN" he may be able to fix you up!

:D

Rick

13. wyldman

wyldman Member

Yep,if you got the money,I'll put a Cummins in it for ya ! :D

14. Chevy isnt as noisey.....
    lol..lol....:D

15. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

When I first got my plow I drove with it up all the way and things started to get a little warm. :yow!:

Now I drive with the cutting edge of the plow about 4" from the ground, everything stays cool :cool:

-John :cool:

16. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Nice set-up. Get more pics when you put the plow to use!:nod:

17. c.t. lawn care

now what if i put an electric fan in it... could i run the blade higher in transport "mode"???

18. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

The fan is not your problem, you're blocking the air that's supposed to flow through the radiator from doing so. The only fix is to get air to the radiator, usually running the blade at full angle will allow enough air to keep things cool.