1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

could use some help

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by uniquechev, Nov 28, 2009.

1. uniquechev

uniquechev Member

So this yr i did some hunting for some condo's to plow and i picked up two out of three. Pretty pumped about it but i have one problem ! They tenents there have dogs and all the calcium and ice melt bags i have been reading say to keep away from children and animals . ... what do do you guys use if the place has animals so they dont die lol cause thats the last thing that i want to happen !!! Could use some advice with this . Thanks guys have a great season !!!
  2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I used to use this stuff called Enviormelt, it was concrete safe, turf safe and safe for pets
  3. uniquechev

uniquechev Member

i saw that on the post earlier but i saw i posted it in the wrong thread . i will look that up and do some reading on it .
  4. SDeVoe

SDeVoe Junior Member

I have used Magnesium Chloride in the past, its supposed to be the safest stuff you can get, but its expensive ie $15+ per bag, and one drop of water in a bag will turn it all to white goo. It works very well, if you can keep it dry. Also, its not supposed to track inside like calcium and salt do. Hope that helps.