1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Could use some help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by joeybagadonutzz, Oct 2, 2011.

1. joeybagadonutzz

joeybagadonutzz Junior Member

I live in Philadelphia, Brand new at this industry. Probably going to sound like a complete idiot to some of you so please be nice...I am looking for going rate prices per for each item I list. Chevy 2500 HD with plow and V-box, two people shoveling, and a skid steer which I am going to rent which runs around 200 per 24 hr period. Plus salt, I was wondering how people figure a price for salt. I am here trying to do some homework so I don't make a fool out myself trying to build clientele. I am construction worker I buy rehab and sell homes, winter is normally slow, so just looking for some other ways to accrue some funds. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated...ussmileyflag

2. joeybagadonutzz

per hour...sorry...

3. bradlewislawnca

bradlewislawnca Member

i like to make it simple. if you have a salter then it is complicated but with bags. They take less than .5 man hours to spread 80 lbs and you can charge $20-40 per man hour. Plus a bit extra on the price of the materials so say the bag runs to $10 you can charge $15 cause you had to go buy it. Then you can charge $35 a 80 lb bag to spread. These are not my prices, but just a way to look at it. think of how long it'll take you and what you price it at. skid could be $90 - $150/hr, shovelers 20-40, salt by the pound or square footage of coverage on lot. plow around $50 (cheap as hell)- $100 deepening on your costs and goals.

4. joeybagadonutzz

Here is a picture of what I am looking to price for snow removal...Any tips please would be fantastic...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  5. joeybagadonutzz

I am not looking to get rich, just don't want to work for peanuts...Thanks for your input.

6. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

This will help you for sure

Snow & Ice Management Bidding Package Includes:

#1 Snow & Ice Management Manual � this is a comprehensive manual covering all aspects of snow & ice management for both residential and commercial accounts. Also includes application rates for many different deicing materials.

#2 Snow & Ice Management CD full of templates for contracts, route sheets, hours of operation sheets, Who�s first, proposal formats, don�t take the risk template for clients, sample invoices, sample marketing forms and much more. All these templates are in Microsoft Word format and are completely customizable to your business.

#3 Snow & Ice Management Quick Estimator CD � calculates per push, per event, hourly or season contracts. Also calculates material application rates for both granular and liquid applications for any deicing material that you may be using. This CD also calculates time and material for application of material, and hand labor as well. This CD runs in Microsoft Excel and is not software. You simply fill in the blanks and you have your estimate.

Go to www.profitsareus.com or call us at 800-845-0499 to order. Feel free to call us with any questions you might have as well. Being a full-service lawn & landscaping business myself since 1979, I know what a contractor is looking for; something simple, accurate and professional. This package is it.